Jay and Seth forgive each other and are raptured at the last minute before a giant demon beast kills them. They make it to heaven where Craig Robinson is waiting (as everyone else died and did not go to heaven), and they have a huge party where the Backstreet Boys Perform.
Seth Rogen picks up Jay Baruchel from the airport and plan on spending a weekend together in LA. James Franco has a house party and the apocalypse begins. Most of the celebs (Michael Cera, Mindy Kaling, Rihanna, Jason Segal, Kevin Hart, Aziz Ansari, David Krumholtz, Martin Starr) die by falling into the sinkhole outside Franco's house. The good souls are raptured to heaven, while others are left behind in a burning Los Angeles.
The end happens for each of the characters in this way:
- Jonah Hill prays for God to kill Jay. Jonah is then raped by the devil and becomes possessed. James Franco's house burns down and everyone escapes except Possessed Jonah.
- Craig Robinson sacrifices himself so that James, Jay and Seth can make it to Franco's Prius after being cornered by giant dragon demon. Right before the demon attacks Craig, he is raptured to heaven.
- Danny McBride: His reckless behavior got him voted out of the house earlier. He goes out on his own where he becomes the leader of a cannibalistic gang and has Channing Tatum as his sex slave.
- James Franco, Seth and Jay are captured by Danny's cannibal gang, James creates a diversion so Seth and Jay can escape (much like Craig did with the dragon) in hopes of getting raptured. The blue light appears to rapture James to heaven and he begins telling Danny and crew to fuck themselves and gives them the finger. The blue rapture light disappears and Danny eats Franco's face while the rest of the gang dig in on his body.
- Jay Baruchel and Seth Rogen hide out after running from Danny's gang only to be discovered by the devil. They both eventually forgive each other for growing apart with Jay placing a lot of the blame upon himself. As the devil running towards them, the blue light appears to rapture Jay to heaven. Seth holds onto his hand to join him. Seth realizes that Jay cannot enter heaven while holding onto his hand. Seth says his goodbye, releases Jay's hand and starts falling back to the ground heading right toward the devil. The blue light then shines on Seth at the last second and Jay and Seth ascend to heaven together.
Seth and Jay are greeted at the golden gate by Craig, who is now an angel. They enter the pearly gates and join the giant party in heaven. The movie closes with a choreographed dance featuring Seth, Jay, Craig and the Backstreet Boys to "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
Thanks Brett (Long) and A.S. (Pooper)