Mission Impossible III
1. It starts out with Ethan Hunt (Cruise) being interrogated by Owen Davian (Philip Seymour Hoffman) and Davian threatens to shoot a girl (we don't know who she is ) sitting across from him if he isn't told where the Rabbit's Foot is located (not sure what it is at this point). The scene ends with Davian shooting her.
2. Flashback to find out Hunt and mystery woman, Jules (Michelle Monaghan), are engaged.
3. Hunt is retired from active duty, but goes back to work after his trainee Lindsey (Keri Russell), is captured in the field. The scene ends with Lindsey dying in Hunt's arms.
4. Hunt and his crew (Ving Rhames, Maggie Q and Jonathan Rhys-Meyers) decide to capture Davian to ruin his illegal weapons selling empire which his trainee had started an investigation. He marries Jules because he thinks he may not come back. Hunt and crew do in fact capture Davian, but only to be double crossed by one of their own. Hunt find evidence that leads him to believe the director of IMF (Laurence Fishburne) is the traitor who set them up. Davian escapes.
5. Davian captures Jules and tells Hunt to steal the object known as the Rabbit's foot. Hunt is captured by IMF, but escapes with the help of his boss, John Musgrave (Billy Crudup).
6. Hunt meets up with his team in China, steal the rabbits foot, arranges to swap.
7. We get back to the interrogation. The girl is Jules and Davian shoots her. Hunt finds out his boss, Musgrave, is the traitor. He and Davian are working together because Davian will sell the Rabbit's foot to some terrorists. The Rabbit's foot has a tracking device which will allow the US Government to find the terrorists and "clean up" the terrorists. We find out the girl who was shot was actually his interpreter who appeared earlier in the film, not Jules. Hunt escapes, fights with the bad guys, kills Davian, gets the rabbit's foot and the good guys win again.
(Links open in new window)
Read more about this film at The Internet Movie Database.