This is a movie about various story lines involving the inhabitants of a motel next to Niagara Falls.
- Phillie (Craig Ferguson) the caretaker of the motel is depressed because his wife died on their honeymoon at the Falls by falling off a boat and going over the Falls. At the end of the movie he gets himself cleaned up, puts his wedding ring on and swims over the Falls. He miraculously survives and seems to be cured from his depression.
- Henry (Peter Keleghan) and Lily (Wendy Crewson) come to an understand that both of them want to continue to make their marriage work even without money. Henry does not go through with the suicide. Lily claims that she did not sleep with the guy to get money as a prostitute unlike their neighbour.
- Boris the Motel Owner (Damir Andrei) has a heart attack in the end at the diner when three of Loretta (Caroline Dhavernas), the waitress, suitors come to confront her.
- Denise (Anna Friel) find the location of the foster family who has her baby. R.J. (Kristen Holden-Reid) gets there first and holds Denise back. They cry all the way back home.
- Michael-the hustler/pimp (Kevin Pollak) and Dave-the staple salesman (Tom Barnett) do not sleep with Loretta. Loretta does not make any porn movies. Gilles, Michael and Dave go their separate ways and leave Loretta alone.
- Since Boris died, Sophie-the daughter (Catherine Fitch) will have some money so that Loretta doesn't have to worry about money to raise her and Gilles (Normand Daneau) child.
- The story told by Loretta to her parent's is Loretta's husband (who got eaten by a bear) slept with Gilles wife. Loretta got back at her husband by sleeping with Gilles but got pregnant in the process.
- Helen (Janet-Laine Green), the social worker, was only knocked unconscious from the TV. Denise and Phillie buried her up to her head in a shallow grave. When RJ arrives on the scene Helen wakes up. She has a big bump on her head but after a shower feels better. RJ takes her to the hospital to find that she has a concussion but doesn't remember anything.
Thanks Ann-Marie 'crappy' F!