Me and You and Everyone We Know
Everyone's stories converge in the final moments of the film, as the lonely characters finally make meaningful connections with one another:
- Christine's (Miranda July's) art work is accepted for display by the museum curator (who we also find out is the woman who was instant-messaging Peter and Robby throughout the film).
- Richard (John Hawkes) accepts his attraction to Christine, and invites her over to meet his children.
- Peter (Miles Thompson) bonds with the neighbor girl about the contents of her hope chest.
- Heather (Natasha Slayton) and Rebecca (Najarra Townsend) eventually decide not to try to have sex with Andrew (Brad Henke) after he hides from them; they run away, happily laughing.
- In the last scene of the film, Robby (Brandon Ratcliff) discovers that the noise he hears each morning is a man tapping a quarter on a sign pole; Robby taps the quarter himself as the sun rises.